Oxygen is essential to life for every living thing on our planet, however in certain situations; it can do more harm than good. When oxygen will cause food, metal or other items to deteriorate, oxygen absorbers provide a valuable solution. Oxygen absorbers help to prevent the growth and proliferation of bacteria, mold and mildew.
Oxygen absorbers are typically comprised of specific powdered irons, which is the active ingredient responsible for the oxidation process. Because these desiccants do not release any harmful gases or toxic elements, they are safe to use in the food and pharmaceutical industries.
Typical uses：[from Wikipedia]
·Pharmaceuticals and vitamins
·Medical diagnostic kits and devices
·Foods prone to rancidification, including:
·Nuts and snacks
·Whole fat dry foods
·Processed, smoked and cured meats (including jerky and dried meat nuggets)
·Cheeses and dairy products
·Spices and seasonings
·Flour and grain items
·Other foods, including
·Fresh and precooked pasta and noodles
·Birdseed and pet food
·Breads, cookies, cakes, pastries
·Candies and confectioneries
·Coffee and tea
·Dried fruits and vegetable
·preserving solderability of electronic parts
By using oxygen absorbers, you can expect the following advantages:
1. Better shelf life for your food products.
2. Helps retain flavors of roasted foodstuffs such as coffee, grains and nuts.
3. Averts the growth of bacteria, mold, and aerobic pathogens among others.
4. Helps prevent oxidation of vitamins such as A, C and E.
5. Helps to keep textures and flavors of food items intact in food storage.
6. Useful in retaining flavors of delicate items like cheeses and other fermented dairy products